Hello Group,
I have a question about customer orders and credit memos. Is there any AS/400
file that keeps track of the value (average unit cost * qty) that hits the GL?

To give you some background information, we have a lot of customers that have
warranty with us. So every time items are shipped to customers under warranty,
we process a zero dollar invoice in COM. Basically, the value (average unit
cost * qty) hits the nature setup for warranty account on the GL. If a CO has
more than one item, the value for all items is summed up and that's what hits
the GL. Is there anyway I can get the values (average unit cost * qty) that hit
the GL, on an item-by-item basis?

I've been asked to generate a report on the actual average costs that was used
on the GL for some of our big dollar items. I have a query that gives me a list
of COs/CMs for which I would like to have the GL values. How do I proceed?

Since we are on average costing, it's not appropriate to assume that the
current average cost is what would have been used at the time of the
transaction. We have some big dollar items (> $30,000) for which the average
costs change significantly over a period of time. Hence, it is important for us
to find out the average cost used at the time of the transaction. Let me know
if you need more information. Look forward to responses.

Thanks,
Nandu
Nandagopal Padmanabhan
Data Analyst | Vestas-AWT