Jeff, I believe that using a clearing account is your best choice.

The alternative is to make no G/L entry for the IS transaction and debit WIP /
credit Inventory for the IX transaction. This method is correct from an
accounting viewpoint and it avoids the "standard cost change" problem discussed
previously. But, it means that your G/L balances will be out of synch with IM.
If you use uncontrolled floor stock for low cost items the difference might be
so small that it is not a concern.

If you go down the single entry path, you must:

  a.. Use the Item Accounting Class or the Item Number to identify uncontrolled
floor stock items to the G/L interface.
  b.. Define rules so that the G/L interface debits and credits the same
account when it processes an uncontrolled floor stock item.

Bob Tenney
Bob Tenney Solutions, LLC
MAPICS - FRx - Presence - Crystal Reports
828-526-8976

Visit www.tenneypubs.com for books about
IFM, COM, G/L Interfaces
Info WorkPlace, Cost Accounting,