Hi Jeff Snyder, Joan McCready and Ann Neal:

Thank you all for your postings on this matter.

I obtained some information from the lady in our finance dept. who handles these matters along with a telephone call to Mapics Support (Greg Lamb).

Where's what I found out:

When we do special MOs of this nature (in-house manufacturing of molds), we set up an Operation Number in the Routing to capture Material costs (similar to the way Outside Processing charges are captured).

When non-inventory materials and supplies are purchased for these MOs, they are charged to a special G/L Inventory WIP Asset account in their Accounts Payable processings. This is the reason why no BOM is needed on these MOs....mainly because non-inventory materials are used to produce this product.

The lady in finance reviews the Accounts Payable batches looking for charges to this G/L account and when she finds them, she enters these charges to the MO by using Shop Activity Update in PC&C.

These charges are made against the Routing Operation for these Materials and the result is that the ISSCO field is updated for these purchases.

Once the Periods are closed, there is no place in Mapics that retains theses transactions. Mapics Support told me that in Mapics XA, Release 4.0 and on, that a new History DB file was created to capture these transactions the same way that IMHIST captures Inventory Transactions.

I hope that this information was helpful to you. It certainly was a learning experience for me and it helped me in my quest to learn more about our Mapics.

Regards,
Al Gershen
ECS Composites
Grants Pass, Oregon, USA