Terry,

Yes, you can do a refresh from a savefile.  I even wrote a version that
does a refresh from the actual AMFLIB library.  Tape is actually faster for
me, but that's on my system, with my tape drive.

The SMZ010B SYSCTL modification program does need to run.  All you need to
do is change the &ENVD parm to whatever environment you are refreshing in
the calling CL program (LOADMEMAG in my sample).

Dale

                      "Terry LeBlanc"

                      <TLeBlanc@xxxxxxxx        To:       "MAPICS ERP System
Discussion" <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      com>                      cc:

                      Sent by:                  Subject:  RE: iHateSpam
Quarantined! (Nailite) == Re: Website for MAPICS users
                      mapics-l-bounces@x

                      idrange.com

                      06/09/2003 08:43

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      MAPICS ERP System

                      Discussion

Hello, Dale.

I'm not an AS/400 or MAPICS guru, but your "fast refresh CL" looks very
useful.  One question:  could it be modified to refresh from a disk
savefile instead of tape?  I run MAPICS Backup every night to the
default savefile library, then transfer the library to tape using the
normal AS/400 backup process later that night.  I would love to have a
CL script to instantly refresh my test environment from the production
environment, using the last savefile or one restored from tape.  We
don't have a MagStar, just the default 6386-001 QIC tape device

I've reviewed your script, think I understand it, pretty well
commented...had a bit more trouble deciphering the SMZ010B RPG program,
not sure if I needed to modify it, since our Production environment is
"OO" and our Test environment is "ZZ"

Terry J. LeBlanc
CPIM, MCSE, CISSP
Nailite International