        From: michael.ellis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:michael.ellis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
        Sent: Sun 6/8/2003 11:24 PM
        To: mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
        Subject: Re: Receiving w/ MM (for Jeff Anderson from Mike Ellis /ISI)

        Jeff,

        Well, what MAPICS said isn't technically correct.   I have requested a
        number of things at the same point as you have.  Came  out with the same
        result --- nothing is provided when an RP is performed.   Specifically,
        they have been asked for a user exit on the Scheduled Purchase Receipt
        file, but so far, no results.

        What we did (my customer, with my guidance) was create a receiving label
        with barcode.  Basically, we used Integrator to create a Receiving
Labels
        object, create that record at the point of receiving and print the
label.
        Then we do the RP transaction.  Unfortunately, there was no way  we
could
        determine to do them both at the same mouse click,   It's working very
        well for us, but the idea of the trigger on IMHIST might be a good
        slution.  However, this customer has major reservations about placing
        triggers on files, so we didn't use that method.

        Michael G. Ellis
        Information Systems International, Inc.
        A Global ERP Consulting Firm
        815-398-1670 x23

        Choose ISI consultants to ensure consistently top quality implementation
        services at all levels of your organization.

        "To enjoy the things we ought and to hate the things we ought has the
        greatest bearing on excellence of character. "
        Aristotle, Nichomachean Ethics

        message: 2
        date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 14:12:32 -0500
        from: Jeff.Anderson@xxxxxxxxxxx
        subject: Purchase Receipts Documents

        Hello All,

        If anyone is willing, I'd like to hear how your process for receiving is
        performed. Let me explain.

        We were somewhat spoiled. When we implemented Mapics 2 1/2 years ago, we
        had
        an attached package from Mid-range called Purchasing Quick Receiver
        installed. This allowed us to not have to use the Mapics receiveing
screen
        for PO receipts.

        With PQR, we can perform the receiving transaction and a piece of paper
        automatically prints showing he relevant information of that receipt
that
        can travel with the part through inspection or until the part is put
away
        in
        a location. In addition to showing the date, quantity, supplier, PO
        number,
        etc., it also would show the M/O shortages, if any, that would require
        this
        item. This was quite a convenient document.

        We are in the process of switching from PQR to doing our receiving
through
        Materials Management in the browser format. The actaul receiving
        transaction
        processing is much simpler and quicker than using PQR, but, there is no
        document for the receipt printed from this process. In discussing this
        with
        Mapics, it appears that no one has ever asked for a document, there are
no
        user exits to push a print job, and there are no plans to create one.

        I would appreciate hearing how, as a general practice, receiving
        transactions are processed and what kind of documentation follows with
the
        parts.

        Thanks for your feedback.

        Jeff Anderson, CFPIM