   From: "hrishikesh kotwal" <hdkotwal@xxx= mail.com>
   Sent by: mapics-l-bounces+michael.franchino=cussys.com@xx= drange.com
   Date: 06/06/2003 10:09AM
   Subject: Authority to Mapics File= s from PC programs

   Hi all:

   We have started = developing many PC programs that access Mapics Files via
   ODBC & S= QL. The users who use these PC programs are also Mapics Users.
   Theref= ore, they already have atleast 'Read' access to Popular Mapics
   files.= But when the same users are trying to access the files from PC
   progr= ams, they get the following error message:

   *** START ***

   = General SQL error.

   [IBM][Client Access Express ODBC Driver [32-= bit][DB2/400 SQL]SQL0551 -
   Not
   authorized to object ITEMASA in AMFLIB= Q type *FILE.

   ***END***

   How to deal with this problem?<= BR>
   Thanks in advance.

   Regards,