Sheesh, Konrad... Who's been putting vinegar on your Wheaties lately?

Geoff, be grateful you are going live with Rel 6 - we went live with Rel 4
almost five years ago, total novices to MAPICS, had no idea it had so many
bugs. Every time I applied a cumulative PTF tape, MAPICS was almost unusable
for a couple of weeks while we found all the "new" bugs. I was told last
year by a MAPICS support line person when we were upgrading from 4 to 6,
that MAPICS Inc would be totally relieved when everyone was off of Rel 4!
Rel 6 is to Rel 4 like Win2K is to Win95 (IMHO)...

There are a few gotchas, but this list is a good place to find them... BTW,
apparently neither PTF level 3196 nor 4140 includes the logical files
created in SH61688.660 (ptf 3501), but they do include the new level of
program AMM53 - which we found out last night when the MRP run bombed!
Fortunately, I finally know how to apply a patch like this one without
getting dedicate mode! Not that we dare run MRP before tomorrow morning at
3:00 am (after backup) now...

We do run a few third-party add-ins (MDCC being the most important one), and
we have not had any problems. We run pure-plain-vanilla MAPICS - don't have
the source and don't want it! (If I had it, my users would demand that I
"tinker" with it so MAPICS "works" like the old system, even 5 years
later!!!)

Best of luck to you, Geoff  - Joan

Joan McCready, IS Manager      phone:  636-479-4499
MetalTek International         fax:  636-479-3399
The Carondelet Division        www.metaltekint.com
8600 Commercial Blvd
Pevely, MO  63070