Lisa,

Sounds like we both had similar experiences.  Incidentally, the reason that
the CD was not included in the packet we received was that not everyone
turned in their presentation to MAPICS by the deadline.  That made it
impossible to get a full CD ready in time for the conference.  If you don't
want to wait for the CD, you can go to www.mapics.com and click on the
sessions archive, put in your ID and password from conference registration,
and you can download individual session PowerPoints.

Dale @ Fleetwood

                      lisa.thomas@xxxxxx

                      n.com                     To:       mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx

                      Sent by:                  cc:

                      mapics-l-bounces@x        Subject:  RE: This years
conference
                      idrange.com

                      05/12/2003 01:29

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      MAPICS ERP System

                      Discussion

I was also able to go to the conference.  I heard there were just under
1000
in attendance.  I mostly attended the Essentials modules presentations
(OBPM, MM, PM and CSM), Release 7 and Integrator.  PM was weak due to a
speaker substitution at the last minute.  Release 7 User Enhancements was
very good.  It was nice to see new tools in the hands of the users instead
of programmers.  I also enjoyed speaking to the Paragon
(Browser/Integrator)
programmers at the Expo.  They have lots of good ideas and were very open
discuss the how to's of things I'd like to try in the future.  It was
encouraging to talk with the XA Support team.  I found out that they have
not had nor or they planning any reduction in support staff.  This was a
big
concern of mine since we are moving more to client apps and have no source
code to fix critical business problems.  They seem to understand this and
are preparing to ramp up support for this area.  I visited several of the
"hospitality suites" but couldn't tell you who was "certified".  I missed
several other sessions I would have liked to attend but too many good
choices at one time.  I am anxious to get the CD with the full conference
on
it.  They really should have included the CD in the bag like last year.