From: michael.ellis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Beware what MAPICS sells you (from Mike Ellis / ISI for Dennis Guy Vaillant)
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 20:53:27 -0500

Dennis,

It seems that your comments represent your views, but I'm doubtful they
represent the preponderance of users.  MAPICS, while desparately in need
of marketing & sales vigor, has been known for and has earned a reputation
of being honest with customers.  That comes from a long-standing IBM
history and a tradition of delivering what is believed to be best for its
customers.

Software is a complex purchase and requires sophisticated buyers and
consultative sales people.  When either is missing, the chance for
dissatisfaction increases greatly.  Undoubtedly, those situations occur,
but the company and the enterprise have NOT earned the criticism you
lodged.

As a matter of full disclosure, I've had many different relationships with
MAPICS over the years, but do not represent the company in any way.

Mike Ellis / ISI

Message: 9