Joan (and everyone else):

We had identified MAPICS XA as the ERP system we wanted before MAPICS bought
Frontstep (Syteline). We are currently running version 4 of Syteline on a
Windows NT4 server on top of a Progress version 8 database. We have significant
issues with Syteline and XA has a lot more depth and breadth of functionality
than Syteline does.

We also had a long series of TERRIBLE experiences with our Syteline affiliate
and from the start DKM, the MAPICS affiliate we work with, has been about as
great a bunch of people to work with as you could ask for.

Admittedly, we have no AS/400 expertise and can't see devoting much time to
learning anything more than the basics required to get MAPICS up and running
until after we go live. Then we'll see about more in depth training and maybe
some certifications for one or two of our people.

Ron Lahr A+, MCSE
Director of Information
Systems & Technology
www.altek-inc.com