From: Bob Tenney [mailto:bobtenney@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2003 2:54 PM
To: MAPICS ERP System Discussion
Subject: Re: Inquiry on Inactivated Companies

Cole, I'm stumped. I tried variations on the deleted financial division idea
such as deleting the General Ledger record, playing with F/D security, and
deactivating G/L periods. In every case, the G/L inquiry worked. The only
way I could get the No F/D found message was to delete the Financial
Division record.

Here are two things you might try:

1 - Activate the F/D to see if the G/L query runs. If it does not run, it
tells you that something else is wrong.

2 - If all else fails, there is a better way to SAFELY activate the F/D than
using F/D security. Simply activate the F/D and then go to WW Ledgers, type
8 next to the financial division ledger and then make sure that all of the
F/D periods are closed.

Please feel free to call me.

Bob Tenney
Bob Tenney Solutions, LLC
MAPICS - FRx - Presence - Crystal Reports
828-526-8976

Visit www.tenneypubs.com for books about
IFM, COM, G/L Interfaces
Info WorkPlace, Cost Accounting, and FRx