I have done many many MAPICS conversions through the years and disucssed
something very similar to that with them BUT disk space is an issue.  As I am
sure that you all know, a MAPICS environment takes quite a bit of disk space.
 They have ten (YES 10!) production environments and are getting ready to start
a new one that we will be using for the conversion.  At that point, they will
be taxing the disk capacity.  They will be eliminating the PRMS code and files
when they go live which will free up a substantial amount of space BUT that
will not happen until AFTER we are converted.  So, your idea a additional
environments is not an option.  Thanks for the input though.

Rusty Jackson
Rusty Jackson And Associates
P.O. Box 20193
Knoxville, TN  37940