Konrad,

First of all, a PTF doesn't necessarily mean a fix (obviously most of them
are fixes to issues). Some PTFs are actually new function that has been
added to the product. EC is constantly adding new functions or enhancing
functions in our product where business requirements nessistate.

EC is a REAL app that was designed and coded in 94-95 time frame and has
been enhanced with every release. We don't support everything, but we hit
many of the major transactions that the MAPICS customer base needs to do
their job.

Why do you think that COM needs a MAJOR rewrite.  Obviously there are
issues with COM in certain areas and a rewrite would be a welcome sight,
but that is definetly not the direction of the company as you have already
said.

To say that OEI is better than COM is a little ridiculous. If you don't
need the features that COM provides (Enhanced Pricing, Blanket order
processing, Packing, integrated EDI solutions, expanded ship-to support,
User Exit support, etc.) then staying with OE&I makes sense.

Michael Franchino
Custom Systems Corporation
http://www.cussys.com
(973) 726-0202 X214 (Phone)
(973) 726-4552 (Fax)

Konrad Underkofler <kdunderk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/28/2003 08:49 AM
Please respond to MAPICS ERP System Discussion