----- Forwarded by Peter Vidal/AeroPower PPK/Pall/US on 02/20/2003 03:26 PM
-----

                    Rick_Reith@xx

                    e-erp.com            To:     Peter Vidal/AeroPower
PPK/Pall/US@xxxx
                                         cc:

                    02/20/2003           Subject:     Paper-Less Question

                    02:55 PM

Hi Peter,

I saw your message out on the bulletin board -

Hi all!

We have an issue here.  Paperless does a full refresh of the data every 2 hours.
This allows all the information from the AS400 to be uploaded to Paperless so
locations , etc. match in the system. Most of the mismatches occur because we do
not do receiving transaction on Paperless only on the AS400.  These transactions
performed on the AS400 will not be transferred to Paperless until the refresh.
As a result the location files get out of synch.

We are not doing receiving in Paperless because we have certain customizations
in the front end that will not be permitted in Paperless.  Is there somebody
that has this same scenario and how you are handling it?  Any recommendations
from the group?

Thanks in advance,
Peter Vidal
Pall Aeropower Corp.
SR Programmer Analyst
WWW.Pall.com / 727-539-8448, x2414

"A good player makes himself look good;
a great player makes the team look good."
Author unknown

Here are a couple of solutions:
There is a specific function in MDCC which allows you to refresh PO's by range.
Two options:
   The customer can train their receiving personnel to refresh PO's by range
   periodically or as they receive them.
   If the customer had the necessary skills they could create their own program
   to call the PO refresh by range program passing the necessary 'TO' and 'FROM'
   PO numbers and schedule this program to run automatically in batch.

I hope this helps and feel free to post the answer to your question on the
bulletin board.

Best Regards,

Rick Reith
Application Development Manager