<FONT face="Default Sans Serif, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"
size=2><DIV>Paola:</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>I am sorry to hear that you &amp;
65 others were laid-off from MAPICS.&nbsp; I am curious about your statement
"re-engineering back to RPG".&nbsp; Does that mean that COM is being
re-written, just updated or major overhaul?</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>As
someone who has had to learn COM &amp; all of its bizarre file names, field
names &amp; processing. The&nbsp;overhauling COM would have a major impact on
us.&nbsp; We have written 100's&nbsp;of&nbsp;programs that use the current
layout.&nbsp; Our users would probably be rejoicing, but that is another
story.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>It took us a long time to adjust from DB to
XA, mainly due to the order entry process being drastically
different.<BR><BR>Steve&nbsp;Jones<BR>The&nbsp;more&nbsp;I&nbsp;know,&nbsp;the&nbsp;less&nbsp;I&nbsp;understand<BR></DIV><DIV><DIV><BR></DIV><FONT
 color=#990099>-----mapics-l-bounces@midrange.com wrote:
-----<BR><BR></FONT>To: MAPICS ERP System Discussion
&lt;mapics-l@midrange.com&gt;<BR>From: Paola Groeber
&lt;pgroeber@bellsouth.net&gt;<BR>Sent by:
mapics-l-bounces@midrange.com<BR>Date: 01/25/2003 10:18AM<BR>Subject: Re:
Hello,i can see  this is going to be fun<BR><BR>Dear Jeff,<BR><BR>I am a former
employee of MAPICS until a year ago when they laid off 65 of us.<BR>They
elected to send the COM/CSM project to India for re-engineering back
into<BR>RPG instead of Synon.  I was the Business Analyst for COM/CSM and other
CRM<BR>applications.  Currently I am also a MAPICS Consultant that is learning
Banking<BR>Software and Unix/Oracle platform.  Thought it might be wise to
branch out into<BR>other areas other than ERP applications.  QA Testing is one
of the most boring<BR>positions there is as they cannot seem to keep me busy
enough.  I'm currently<BR>looking for a permanent position back in
Missouri/Illinois/Kansas area where<BR>most of my family lives.  I'll miss the
weather in Georgia, but MAPICS positions<BR>are very scarce.<BR><BR>If you hear
of anyone that needs MAPICS training, integration with other<BR>applications or
that want to make modification (oh horrors), I'm very available.<BR><BR>Paola
Groeber<BR>MAPICS Consultant<BR>770-591-1497 (home)<BR>770-490-3297
(cell)<BR><BR><BR>Jeff Snyder wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; MAPICS -  A 'mfg, acct,
production, inventory, control system' , i.e.,<BR>&gt; an ERP solution for
mid-range mfg companies which runs on the Iseries (old<BR>&gt; as400s)<BR>&gt;
First owned b IBM, then Marcam, now Mapics Inc. Mapics has been around
since<BR>&gt; 79. With billions, and bilions (dejavu, believe we went thru this
once ?) of<BR>&gt; users throughout the galaxy, (even the star ships run
mapics).<BR>&gt; Of course everyone is going to MAPICS, and the whole supply
chain strategy,<BR>&gt; and tactical implementations will be so much easier
when everyone is finally<BR>&gt; committed.  ( to MAPICS, that is).<BR>&gt;
Sooo get going, while you can still get support !<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; by the way
did I mention Im a consultant ???<BR>&gt; (OK, Im done)<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; For
more info see web page www.mapics.com, and / or contact an
affiliate.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; ps : question , are you a customer, prospect, or
competitor ?<BR>&gt; just curious ??  and welcome to the mapics board
!<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; jeff snyder, CPIM<BR>&gt; Mapics Consultant<BR>&gt;
724-699-2506<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; From: "Watada, Gopalraju JVV (Indsys)"
&lt;Gopalraju.Watada@geind.ge.com&gt;<BR>&gt; Reply-To: MAPICS ERP System
Discussion &lt;mapics-l@midrange.com&gt;<BR>&gt; To:
mapics-l@midrange.com<BR>&gt; Subject: Hello<BR>&gt; Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003
12:13:52 +0530<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; This is gopalraju,<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; I like to
know about MAPICS, please provide relevant information to  me<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;
Waiting for your reply,<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Thanks in advance<BR>&gt;
Gopalraju<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; "THIS E-MAIL MESSAGE ALONG WITH ANY ATTACHMENTS IS
INTENDED ONLY FOR THE<BR>&gt; ADDRESSEE and may contain confidential and
privileged information.<BR>&gt; If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient,<BR>&gt; you are notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copy of this<BR>&gt; communication is strictly
Prohibited.<BR>&gt; If you have received this message by error, please notify
us<BR>&gt; immediately, return the original mail to the sender and delete
the<BR>&gt; message from your system."<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;
moment to review the archives<BR>&gt; at <a
href="http://archive.midrange.com/mapics-l";
target=blank>http://archive.midrange.com/mapics-l</a>.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;
moment to review the archives<BR>&gt; at <a
href="http://archive.midrange.com/mapics-l";
target=blank>http://archive.midrange.com/mapics-l</a>.<BR><BR><BR>_______________________________________________<BR>This
 is the MAPICS ERP System Discussion (MAPICS-L) mailing list<BR>To post a
message email: MAPICS-L@midrange.com<BR>To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change
list options,<BR>visit: <a
href="http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo.cgi/mapics-l";