Lloyd,

Here is another idea for you to think about.  We actually provided this level
of security in R2 of XA in the mid 1990's.  With the additional user exits it
will be easier to control.  You didn't mention what level of XA you were on,
but consider doing the following:

1)  Create a new Warehouse security file.  The record will only need two
fields: UserID and warehouse code.
  - Create a maintenance program that will allow easy selection of ALL
warehouses, then allow the user to deselect any warehouse(s) the user they are
working with (allow them to deselect more than one at a time for ease of use).
  - Also allow the user to add just one at a time to the file if they want.
  - If possible, provide a copy option on the screen so a new user can easily
be set up in the file.

2) Using the user exit at the header and at the line item level, check to see
if the userID has the authority to the warehouse selected.  Do not allow them
to continue until the warehouse code has been changed to a code they are
authorized.  You will need to consider Quotes and Credit Memos in this design
if you are using them as well.

3)  If you are using CSM, yes it is easier to set up the security, but as we
all know - R6.5 does not have all the function in it to allow full order entry.
 Most users still need access to the "green screen" versions to finish up an
order that was entered through CSM.

>From someone that has done this requirement, this is the cleanest way to
>control warehouse security.  There is even a requirement in the MAPICS Caliber
>tool that requests this level for warehouse control through COM/CSM.  However,
>they may not have the resources to provide this as an enhancement, nor feel it
>is a priority for the customers.

Hope this information is helpful.
Sincerely,
Paola Groeber
MAPICS Consultant
(Former Application Manager/Business Analyst of COM/CSM & other CRM
applications)