Here's the way it's supposed to work:

The order status tracks, well, the status of the order. As transactions are
posted, the status changes to show how "complete" the order is. Status 55
says "all done" and you can slect and purge when you're ready.

The first digit of the order status tracks PC&C (shop activity) and the
second digit tracks inventory (receipt) status.

Status 10 means released but no activity reported. Status changes to 40
when the first activity is reported. Reporting an "order complete"
transaction through PC&C, which requires that all operations are status
complete, changes the order status to 50.

The RM inventory transaction is a two-step process - you report the
quantity received on the first transaction, then a second transaction with
quantity zero and status code for complete changes the order status to 55
if it was at 50 before, or 45 if it was at 40 before the transaction. So,
45 menas material received complete but shop activity not closed out.
Status 50 means shop activity closed but material receipt not complete.

If you are doing all the transactions as listed, the order will go to
status 55 all by itself, locking out any additional transactions. Sounds
like you are normally "forcing" the status to 55 (file maintenance?) rather
than processing all the transactions through PC&C and IM.

I don't know of any other way for the status to automatically go to 55
other than going through the transaction sequences listed above. You said
you "don't do status 50" so it sounds like you don't do the PC&C order
complete transaction. Sounds like somebody is doing it!

Dave Turbide
dave@daveturbide.com
www.daveturbide.com

>Message: 1
>From: "Al Gershen" <aldg1@charter.net>
>Subject: PCC MOs become Status 55 by themselves?
>Cc: "Gershen, Al" <aldg1@charter.net>
>Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 14:06:38 -0400
>
>Environment: Mapics DB/Y2K (Mod 4)
>IM, PCC, PDM
>
>Hi Mapics ML:
>
>We've been experience a very unusual problem at our shop
>which almost has "X-Files" written all over it.
>
>Once a week, our production person moves Manufacturing
>Orders (MO) from Status 45 (we don't use Status 50) to
>Status 55, so that they can later be closed out (purged)
>into IM's MO History file.
>
>She keeps a written log of the MOs that she moving to
>Status 55 and we have an In-House report generated that
>lists all the MOs that are new to Status 55.
>
>The problem is that other MOs are showing up on the report
>that she DIDN'T move to Status 55.  I am unable to figure
>out what factor is in place that is moving these
>unauthorized MOs into Status 55.  (As best I can tell,
>there's no audit trail in Mapics showing the Work Station
>that changed the MO status.)
>
>I have spoken with Mapic Support about this issue but it
>has not been resolved and remains an open Inquiry Number.
>
>I look forward to your comments about this problem and
>maybe a solution can be found?  I really don't expect this
>to be an "X-Files" issue but you never know!
>
>Regards,
>Al Gershen
>ECS Composites
>Grants Pass, OR