Konrad,

I do not agree with your assessment of R6.  Many changes and enhancements were
released in R6 that provide many new functions and more visibility through the
client that are not available in R5.  Yes, there are is a high rate of fixes,
but that is somewhat attributed to the number of additional enhancements that
have been added using the "fix" system.  The code is quite stable and provide a
wide variety of additional enhancements that Phillip's company could probably
use.  This is in addition to many fixes that is still in the R5 code.

In any upgrade with customized code it is a good idea to set up a seperate
environment to review how the changes/enhancements will affect or possible
eliminate some custom code.  Also Integrator, CSM, PM, etc. were also released
at R6 that have tons of additional enhancements and capabilities that will help
his users get introduced to the client applications.  This is in addition to
the visibility that they don't have today at R5.

As for going to R7, you will have to meet a list of hardware requirements and
possibly make an upgrade before going to that level.  I suggest you contact
MAPICS for the specifications and requirements as customers must pass a review
first.  I'd strongly suggest considering moving to R6 now to take advantage of
all the improvements that your company/users could be taking advantage of.

Sincerely,
Paola Groeber
MAPICS Consultant
pgroeber@bellsouth.net