OK, I promised my "first impressions" this morning, and, Phil, sorry. I
don't find the new "look" as easy to use as the old one.

The thing that bothers me about the new serch system is after you put in
your search and you get the next screen with the pull-down menus. On the old
system, you had check boxes for the "similar statements," and you could
filter by selecting multiple statements while eliminating those that
obviously didn't match your situation. With the pull-down, you get to select
ONE statement, not all those that look like they might apply. This made my
searching much slower, as I'd have to constantly "back up" to select another
"similar statement". I finally gave up and just scanned all the "hits" in
the list. Definately a step BACKWARDS for making the site more usable!

I also didn't see any difference between the "quick search" and the
"interview me" results - maybe because I used the same keywording in each.
(Sorry if those terms aren't exactly correct - our Internet connection is
temporarily down so I'm writing from memory.)

And ditto to Ann's comments - we need to know if one response is newer /
updated from another response. The old pages also had the problem ID, which
I could reference in documenting a new incident report - it was "cleaner"
than describing the old problem before describing how my new problem
differed.

My two-cents worth....  -- Joan

Joan McCready, IS Manager      phone:  636-479-4499
MetalTek International         fax:  636-479-3399
The Carondelet Division        www.metaltekint.com
8600 Commercial Blvd
Pevely, MO  63070