Bonnie,

You have noticed like we did the calculation is wrong
if you only count working days as ship days. MAPICS has
taken an APAR to fix it but it winds it way all through
COM data entry, pick lists, etc, anywhere the mfg date
or ship date needs to be calculated off the promise date.
It even impacts available to promise which takes into
account the ship lead time for promise calculations.

If you need to create and API you just need to use
the MBAQRES3 (all days in calendar) and MBAQRES4 (work
days in calendar) files. Set a limit into either and count
backwards by the ship lead time.

Here is the Calendar file:
                    AQHFST   AQHGST
Calendar  Calendar  Day of  Calendar     Create
ID        date      week    day status   date
   00      1010629    6         +       1001107
   00      1010630    7         -       1001107
   00      1010631                      1001107
   00      1010701    1         -       1001107
   00      1010702    2         +       1001107
   00      1010703    3         +       1001107

There are two routines in every program:
*================================================================
* RTV: Sub Calendar Days - Calendar Day  *
*================================================================
It finds the starting day then reads the first equal record by cal id.
 * Establish starting position
C           KPSOC     SETLLFAQREE9                    *
C           KRSOC     READEFAQREE9                  90*
C           *IN90     IFEQ '1'
It then looks for the first non-blank day, which in this test
is only something like 2/30/02, an invalid date.
C           *IN90     DOWEQ'0'
 * USER: Process Data record
 * CASE: DB1.Calendar day status is No day
C           AQHGST    IFEQ *BLANK                     *IF
C                     ELSE

It then runs the following routine to find the closest working day
 *================================================================
 * RTV: Sub Work Days - Calendar Day  *
 *================================================================

I made the following 2 line change and everything works spiffy now...
I changed the first field to be the day of the week NE blank and the
second to ensure that we only counted work days. After the change
the second routine is superflous since the first will always
return the correct date and does not need to be adjusted.

  * KONRAD MOD FOR CALENDAR DATE ISSUE
 C           AQHFST    IFEQ *BLANK                     *IF
 C           AQHGST    OREQ '-'                        *IF

Hope this helps.

Regards

Konrad