On August 6th, at 11:00a.m.(Eastern) we will be conducting a webinar
(web based seminar with phone-based audio) to show ways of implementing
lean practices on the shop floor.  The following is the flyer for the
event:
Please email me at fgeric@agility-inc.com or you can call me for
details.

Regards,
Frank

Frank T. Geric, MCP
(440) 546-9290 Ext. 3003
Agility, Inc. - MAPICS Affiliate
7000 Fitzwater Rd. Suite 102
Cleveland, OH 44141
www.agility-inc.com

What: Implementing Lean Manufacturing and Kanban with MAPICS
When: August 6, 2002 11:00a.m. (Eastern Time)

To Register or for more information e-mail: seminars@agility-inc.com

On Tuesday August 6, 2002 at 11:00 (EST) we will be conducting a webinar
showing how organizations can implement 'lean practices' on the shop
floor quickly, easily and very cost-effectively. We will demonstrate our
latest enhancement for XA for iSeries: Electronic KanBan. Electronic
KanBan is a kanban enabler that dramatically simplifies the process of
implementing lean manufacturing / kanban practices. We will also cite
real examples of companies that have realized significant results by
successfully implemented Electronic KanBan

Lean IS IT!

In these tough economic times manufacturers are trying to do more with
less! Many CEO's are creating initiatives to reduce inventories and
implement lean practices. (i.e. Flow manufacturing, Synchronous Flow,
Demand Flow, Visual Manufacturing, Demand Pull, etc.) Electronic KanBan
makes lean manufacturing objectives easier and faster to achieve!

Here's How it Works

When a component bin is emptied a simple wand or a barcode or kanban
card initiates the appropriate Manufacturing Order (MO), Purchase Order
(PO), Repetitive Schedule (REP), InterSite Transfer (ISL), or Warehouse
Transfer (TW). When the bin is replenished a second wand of the barcode
closes the order, creates the appropriate inventory transaction and back
flushes labor (where appropriate). The system is highly flexible to
accommodate a variety of business environments. Electronic KanBan can
also be configured to automatically generate e-mail notifications to
suppliers and other key personnel.

We feel strongly that Electronic KanBan can be a viable solution for
many MAPICS users, and can offer them a real operational advantage.
Click here for information and registration or call Frank Geric at
440-546-9290 ext. 3003.