Hi Konrad,

I applied 3196 two weekends ago, and ran into the following problems.

1.  If you have AM+ installed, the last step (questionnaire) fails.  The
CUM apply is complete, but you must manually do a questionnaire, NOT
selecting AM+.  If you don't have AM+ installed, this isn't an issue.

2.  They activated "Multi-Source Code" in the ITMPLN record, and also
added edits to the field.  We had to write a blaster to force a blank
space into the field (valid values are " ", S, R, and Z, and I have no
idea what they mean).  This is the activation of multi-sourcing in
Purchasing or Procurement, apparently, and wasn't done very well.
Incidentally, I think that perhaps there is a download that may do this,
refer to #3.

3.  MRP Full generation will fail on a missing logical file, VENSPLL0. You
can fix this by applying SH14649 immediately after CUM 3196.  There may be
some more.  See Primus solution ID 15.0.54729335.3705887 for more detail
that may affect you.  Incidentally, this is a part of the enhancement that
also caused #2.

4.  This one only appears to be an issue for EPDM users.  If you use
OPWFU, the edits appeared to have changed for operations on phantoms, and
your phantom components are required to have an operation.  There also
appeared to be problems when doing super-copies with multiple sites.  EPDM
maintenance is what is impacted on this change (nothing on the floor in
MDCC, PC&C, or PM&C appeared impacted).  This can be corrected by
downloading and applying SH61441.

I would imagine the only biggies are #2 and #3 for most customers.  Other
than that, everything went well.  This was a little disappointing for me,
the last couple CUMs prior to this went VERY smoothly.  I had more
problems with this CUM than I have had in a long time.  I just think they
didn't do a good job on implementing the multi-source feature, which
sounds quite interesting and I am looking forward to researching that.
Apparently you can now plan with multi-sourcing, which could be quite
valuable for us if it works as I gathered from a VERY brief talk with
support.

Hope this helps!

Dale Gindlesperger
IT Manager