Connie,

We migrated from a model 500 on V4r3 to a model 270 with V5r1 last
December/January. The issues were very few and more often than not,
attributed to our lack of knowledge in the configuration of the MAPICS
environment. We were and still are on MAPICS 5.5.

The show stoppers for us requiring MAPICS assistance were:
1) License Key required for Sales Analysis even though it supposedly is no
longer needed. The Key check code is still active in the programs.
2) PO Comments failed with a bizarre message regarding a save file error.
SFPOBLKTL0 needed to be rebuilt in each data environment. When I called to
been the only person to spend the Holidays upgrading hardware/software.
3) We also upgraded users to Client Access from older WINAPPC. The ODBC
connection for PDM+ needed to be recreated because Client Access did not
like the name we had used with the old emulation software; it contained
invalid characters.
4) The Mapics User Interface was not setup correctly. We could not run other
applications from within MAPICS. This included Robot, DBU and even Homegrown
applications executed from MAPICS menus.

None of these issues took more than a few hours to resolve and we have had
no upgrade related issues since January.

Hope this helps.
Jon Le Roi
Director of Information Systems
Tegal Corporation