Help!

We have two basic functions inside our business.
They are closely related.
We are basically our own supplier for many of our component parts.

1 - Assembly - of end Items or finished units.
    These are assembled to stock(for smoothing capacity) and assemble to
order.
    Each item has a 1 day lead time.
    Of course we have a capacity restraint in this area.
    We schedule by a fixed number of hours of work released by day.
    We have one person that schedules this work.
    We release assembly work orders for about 3 days work based on the
mentioned requirements
     and the capacity of the Assembly operation.
    We use MPSP for some items.
     Some end units are Feature/Option items.

2 - Manufactured parts (7000 SKU's 1 planner).
    These parts are put into stock to be used in part 1(Assembly).

Over the past 17+ Mapics years we have used forecasting and customer
requirements at the end item level to drive the parts requirements for the
manufacturing operation.   We are on XA6 now.

Our management wants to separate the two and drive the two closely related
operations with different requirements.
Assembly would basically remain driven by forecasting, MPSP and customer
demand.

We now want to drive Manufactured parts by the capacity of the
Manufacturing operation and NOT by the capacity of the Assembly operation.

Mike Bennett - Information Services Manager
Kimray Inc.
52 NW 42nd Street OKC,OK  USA 73118
405-525-6601 - 405-525-6165 fax
www.kimray.com