PRTIMTXR  will print the IM transaction register
PRTPMCTXR will print the IM transaction register

                    "Burns, Bryan"
                    <burnsbm@Echoincorpo        To:
"'MAPICS-L@midrange.com'" <MAPICS-L@midrange.com>
                    rated.com>                  cc:
                    Sent by:                    Subject:     Adding pre-backup
command to finish batches
                    mapics-l-admin@midra
                    nge.com

                    05/17/02 10:12 AM
                    Please respond to
                    mapics-l

I just voted in the MAPICS enhancement poll and my write-in vote was to
remove the requirement to finish batches in order to perform a back-up.

We are tailored for immediate update and our users get no value-added by
running a transaction register to finish batches, so it easy for the user
forget to finish the batch.

Anyone have some pointers on adding something to the MAPICS PRE-BACKUP
COMMAND to finish batches?  I would think that some shops have already done
this and I hate to reinvent the wheel.

We may have already done this in the past because we did not have to finish
batches when we were on R2, only after we upgraded to R5.5.  I tried to
tell
some of the MIS staff here that we must have had custom code in R2 to
finish
the batches that did not get carried over to R5.5 when we upgraded in May
of
2000, but they did not believe me.
So now we lose about two backups a month due to unfinished batches.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Bryan Burns
System Operator
ECHO Incorporated