We are a 90% make-to-stock, 10% make-to-order company, with an incentive
payroll system, and the USWA union.

We were 3 days from going live with a MAPICS-to-ADP payroll system to
replace an old, in-house payroll system, using clocks that evolved from
Fred Flintstone's dinosaur time clock, when we were bought out.  Our new
owners canned the ADP option, insisting on us using their system.  We then
implemented Kronos as a stand-alone system linked to a PC, integrated to
MAPICS via batch transfer (long story, but that was our best option at the
time due to union contract stuff), then uploaded to corporate's Cyborg
payroll software.  That worked very well until we VERY recently dropped
the Kronos system (it was old and we deemed it too expensive to upgrade
for what we would get), and replaced it with MAPICS MDCC (the software
solution formerly known as Paperless) for data collection, which we
extract data from and upload to corporate's Cyborg system.

Obviously, we have used multiple solutions, and focused on outsourcing the
payroll from our internal responsibility.  In my opinion, ADP has built a
very successful niche in providing a service that most people are glad to
get rid of, and while they can't be everything to everybody (in spite of
what some of their sales reps say!), if I had to re-absorb payroll
internally again, I would sign with them REALLY quick!

Long answer, but you asked!  Good luck!

rbryant@quipp.com
Sent by: mapics-l-admin@midrange.com
04/19/02 12:49 PM