Rick:

What is the 'processor group' of your machine?  You can get this information
using command WRKLICINF.

The processor group is usually what the price tiers are based on.  The S20
spans P05, P10 and P20.   These days, when you 'upgrade' to a new machine,
it's common to end up in a lower processor group with a much faster machine.
The company I used to work for recently replaced their model 500 (a P20 box)
with a model 720 (a P10 box).  The new P10 absolutely runs circles around
the old P20 box.  So, before you conclude that you'd owe Mapics a pile of
dough, do some configuring first.  You may find that you save money, even on
monthly maintenance and your software subscription to IBM.

You're on an Sxx machine.   I'm not familiar with them, but aren't they
tuned for client/server?  Are you sure that an S machine is the right
choice?  I think the rules have changed there, too.  Maybe a nice lower-end
720 box would be a screamer for you.

The other thing you can look into is purging and archiving your old data.
You are obviously lugging around a lot more data since 4 years ago.  If you
were to archive some of that, your machine would obviously speed up.  You
may find resistance in the user community to 'getting rid' of data.  There's
always someone that wants to see 20 years of history on a quarterly report.
So you end up buying a new box.  It's often possible to archive 18 of the 20
years to another library on disk and relatively easily make all 20 years
(live and archive) data visible to _just_ the quarterly report.  So, the
customer service people on the phone get quick response, and the VP of Sales
sees 20 years history on the report.

Go... FASTER!  Without an upgrade!  With ARCTOOLS/400(tm)
http://www.arctools.com
info@arctools.com
DCSoftware, Inc.
Ph: (508) 435-8243