You guys don't get it.    40 orders per minute is a software problem not a
hardware problem.
Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael.Franchino@cussys.com [mailto:Michael.Franchino@cussys.com]
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2001 10:42 AM
To: mapics-l@midrange.com
Subject: RE: More on archiving COM orders

Dave,

It is hard to say since Greg's 720 has 420 CPW for batch compared to 70 for
interactive.. That is a major difference..

Michael Franchino
Custom Systems Corporation
(973) 726-0202 X214 (Phone)
(973) 726-4552 (Fax)

                    "Shaw, Dave"
                    <dshaw@syratech.c        To:
"'mapics-l@midrange.com'" <mapics-l@midrange.com>
                    om>                      cc:
                    Sent by:                 Subject:     RE: More on
archiving COM orders
                    mapics-l-admin@mi
                    drange.com

                    11/12/2001 10:34
                    AM
                    Please respond to
                    mapics-l

Michael,

I agree that what you say may be part of Greg's problem, but I'd like to
add
two points:

At GNP, we were running on a model 500 and had no interactive penalty at
the
time, but it was still unacceptably slow.

Unless it's changed in the newer OS/400 releases, my observation on the
server and 7xx systems that I've played on was that if the system was
dedicated so that there was only one interactive job, the governor didn't
kick in. If this is still true, it does provide a work-around for some
customers, although obviously not all.

Dave Shaw
MAPICS-L Moderator
Rauch Industries, Inc.