Fort Recovery Industries, Inc.
419-375-4121 phone
419-375-4150 fax

>>> DWalker@automaticproducts.com 09/13/01 04:47PM >>>
I have worked with the Mapics product since 1983 and can honestly say that I
have seen the quality of Mapics support at its best and at its worst.  I
believe that the Mapics product is as good as any, and better than most at
meeting our needs so this post is not to bash the product or the service but
to merely voice a concern.

The problem that I have with the current ALF structure is that when the ALF
charges increased significantly several years back we feel that the quality
of support went south.  I agree with many of the other individuals that have
contributed to this thread; the ALF costs are getting harder to justify each
year especially since our ALF dollars are funding development of new modules
that we need to purchase anyway.  There is limited development going into
any of the 15 or so modules that we currently run so the return on
investment from a customer perspective is diminishing annually.

-----Original Message-----
From: Connie Webb [mailto:cwebb@grahamwhite.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2001 2:48 PM
To: 'mapics-l@midrange.com'
Subject: RE: Reducing Annual License Fees

Replying to one who gets calls from PC Windows based systems: From a company
who went down that path, and ran back to MAPICS after a year of expense and
frustration, "You pay for what you get AND you get what you pay for".

I would voice my concern to MAPICS Inc about the growing ALF costs LONG
before I would look else where. You will find your knowledge investment in
MAPICS is extremely valuable!  Contact Tom Aery, General Manager. He really
does listen!

EINFO development is great. Look into other help products and find one equal
to that it will charge you nothing for it!!!

No, I do not work for MAPICS. But as long as I am working I hope it is WITH
MAPICS.