Kevin,

I currently have a client who is experiencing the same problem. Thousands
of units are shipped and because of the length of the "Net Selling Price"
field we come up several dollars short. We are going to develop a program
which will be called from the pricing API in COM to address this issue.

                    "Baltus, Kevin"

                    <KBaltus@automaticpro        To:
"'MAPICS-L@midrange.com'" <MAPICS-L@midrange.com>
                    ducts.com>                   cc:

                    Sent by:                     Subject:     COM Selling Price
Calculation
                    owner-mapics-l@midran

                    ge.com

                    07/26/01 03:13 PM

                    Please respond to

                    MAPICS-L

Our base prices are rounded to two decimal positions.  On occasion we give
our customers discounts - via price books (page 4).  When this calculation
is done the selling price result is 3 decimals.

Our invoices are modified to show the selling price in dollars & cents, not
fractions.  If a selling price result has all 3 decimal positions it will
confuse our customers (33.33% discount on a base price of 5.14 is 3.427;
extended by 50 units is 171.35; invoice shows 3.42 but customer thinks it
should be 171.00).

Mapics does not have on option/feature to round the selling price.  Does
anyone have some tips, ideas, examples, etc. as to rounding the selling
price to 2 decimals?  API and/or User Exit?

Thanks!

Kevin Baltus - Programmer/Analyst
(651) 290-6179   kbaltus@automaticproducts.com
Gross-Given Mfg/Automatic Products International
http://www.automaticproducts.com

Blatant Band Plug
http://www.twitch.org

+---