HI.

We have ADP and MAPICS XA4, with data collection via PaperLess (MDCC)
module. We never did buy or try MAPICS Payroll.

ADP has been a pain, but we have nothing to compare it to. (Our old payroll
system was something hideously home grown, which ran on a no-name,
now-obsolete PC proprietary data base.) Corporate was already on ADP, so we
were "persuaded" to make the same choice.

I have written IWP reports that give the payroll clerk the data she needs to
enter into ADP. I'd love to do some sort of electronic load of the data, but
so far, our data collection accuracy makes an automatic in-load impossible -
the clerk would spend more time correcting mistakes than it currently takes
her to enter the supervisor-hand-corrected attendance report.

Anyone got suggestions how to get the shop floor staff to accurately enter
their time and labor information? Threatening to pay them for only the hours
they entered gets the union membership cards circulating again!

Have a happy and safe Independence Day (USA)!   -- Joan

Joan McCready, IS Manager      phone:  636-479-4499
MetalTek International         fax:  636-479-3399
The Carondelet Division        www.metaltekint.com
8600 Commercial Blvd
Pevely, MO  63070