  • Subject: Re: Synchronize External Acc/Pay/Sys with Purch
  • From: "Dave Shaw" <daveshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 22:29:42 -0400

Forwarded by moderator on behalf of Dale Gindlesperger
[DaleGindlesperger@fft-inc.com]:

Yes, we tried the autogenerate (I agree with you - I can't really conceive
that this is easier, but....).  The problem that we have is that it is
actually OK for our vendors to overship quantities, depending on a variety
of conditions that are not very definable in a system.  Everytime our A/P
group tried any of the interface options they got hold codes everywhere.
They actually say they'd rather manually match them.  As hard as it is for
me to believe, I watched them do their checking, and they are VERY fast. Of
course, we have assisted them with some special daily receiving/acceptance
reports that tell them which ones need looked at by doing an "outside of
MAPICS" check on price and quantity.

What it boils down to is that they sincerely feel that the MAPICS interface
slows them down, and I can't force it on them.  They are doing a very good
job the way they are doing it now.

Dale Gindlesperger

Vanessa.King@cussys.com
Sent by: owner-mapics-l@midrange.com