  • Subject: RE: Mapics and Exchange Integration
  • From: "Leland, David" <dleland@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 09:57:08 -0500

Title: Mapics and Exchange Integration
You'll need a couple of things.  Some kind of trigger mechanism for the events you want to send out notifications on.  And a program to send e-mail from your /400.  You can write trigger programs in RPG, Cobol and on OS/400 V5R1M0, you can write them in SQL.  Triggers are then attached to a database file and will "fire" when records are add/updated/deleted.

For the second part, I have a SNDEMAIL utility which is free for the asking that will allow you send an e-mail from the AS/400.

All of this assumes you have programming knowledge (or staff).

Dave