It is actually very easy to call the COM offline load function from outside
of mapics.
The Program to call is AMBE8XFR and the parms are as follows:

Use the following if being called outside of mapics:

STRMAPICS
call ambe8xfr
ENDMAPICS

2 parms

7 alpha return code
256 byte data structure with the following:

1 - 1     Error listing only (1- yes, 0-no)
2 - 2     Purge offline (1-yes, 0-no)
3 - 3     Order origin (1-EC, blank-regular)
4 - 14    Transaction group (Only if using EC based batch functions)
15 - 15   Print pick list(1-yes, 0-no)

I would recommend that anyone doing offline load use the facilities that
are available to ec, isl, comnet, to create batches. If anyone is
interested in more, please send me an e-mail on the process to do that.

Michael Franchino
Custom Systems Corporation
(973) 383-7808 X214 (Phone)
(973) 383-6398 (Fax)

                    Kevin.Gerard@fgco

                    rp.com                   To:     MAPICS-L@midrange.com

                    Sent by:                 cc:

                    owner-mapics-l@mi        Subject:     RE: COM - Offline
Load
                    drange.com

                    05/01/2001 09:33

                    AM

                    Please respond to

                    MAPICS-L

We had a consulting firm come up with a solution but it involves modifying
the source of AMBHQPVR and AMBGHPVR so they do not use a WRKSTN device.  If
no one else comes up w/ a better solution, I can share the techniques we
use to give you a little more information to go on. We are on Release 5 but
the solution was implemented in Release 3 originally.

We also use a STRMAPICS command to execute it outside of MAPICS.  Maybe
someone has a better solution than modifying MAPICS.