  • Subject: Does Count Accuracy Tolerance Percent affect Cycle Counting Selection?
  • From: "aldg" <aldg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 13:42:51 -0700
  • CC: "Gershen, Al" <aldg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Environment: Mapics DB/Y2K (Mod 4)

Hi Mapics ML:

I looked on the Mapics Support website and found Solution ID #
15.0.28508292.3006127 titled, "Count accuracy tolerance percent."

The second FIX therein reads as follows:

"Count accuracy tolerance percent is set through item warehouse maintenance.
The count accuracy percent for the item is compared to the variance percent
that is calculated when the variance report is run.  If the variance percent is
greater of the two, then the out of tolerance flag is set.  Items or locations
with the out of tolerance flag on automatically get another count when the
Activate next count option is selected."

I have some questions about the above paragraph:

1. What file maintenance screen is used to update the count accuracy tolerance
percent?  I don't see this item on "ITEM BALANCE FILE MAINTENANCE" (AMI7A5).
Am I looking in the wrong place?

2. What is the field name for the count accuracy tolerance percent?  Is this
field located in the ITEMBL file?

3. Is the variance report mentioned above refer to the "Inventory Valuation and
Variance Report" (AMI5H) at IM/Physical Inventory/Variance Report (Option 5)?

4. What is the field name for "out of tolerance flag?"  Is this field located
in the ITEMBL file?

5. Does the "out of tolerance flag" affect the selection of Item Numbers for
Cycle Counting?  If so, how is this done?  Does it change the setting of ITEMBL
fields that directly affect Cycle Counting selection such as PHYOH, CCFLG,
CCOMP, CCTRN, CCODE, FCYCT, LPHDT or NXCDT?

6. How is the "Activate next count option" selected?

As you can see, I'm having difficulty with the language used in this Mapics
Support solution.  (After I hear from the Mapics ML, I'll probably contact
Mapics Support and ask them to rewrite the Solution to make it more user
friendly.)  I'm trying to understand the relationship between the count
accuracy tolerance percent and cycle counting selection, if any.

I look forward to hearing form you on this matter.  For those of you who are
fortunate to attend the Mapics Conference this coming week, enjoy yourself and
try to learn alot.  It should be a rewarding experience.

Regards....

--
Above message before copy enclosure (if any) was sent by:

Al Gershen
Grants Pass, OR 97526
aldg@mail.rvi.net; aldg@webtv.net;
ICQ # 12342782; and thru