  • Subject: Re: Flagging an individual order for partials O.K.
  • From: Paola.Groeber@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 15:20:42 -0500

At this time, you are correct in your assessment of handling items that
must be shipped together by order.  The requirement for being able to ship
"By Order" or "By Item" is on my list of potential enhancements, but is not
on the current schedule.    Customers must implement in their business
processes a way of flagging Orders that must have items shipped together
manually for now (using comments and highlighting those comments when the
Pick List is created), as it will be addressed in a future release.  We are
really "listening" and may request your help when we start the design of
this requirement.  Hope your implementation goes well Mr. Degnon and if you
have any questions or problems, please don't hesitate to call our Support
line for assistance.

Thanks,
Paola Groeber
Business Analyst

                    sjones@hpproducts

                    .net                     To:     MAPICS-L@midrange.com

                    Sent by:                 cc:

                    owner-mapics-l@mi        Subject:     Re: Flagging an
individual order for partials O.K.
                    drange.com

                    03/26/01 02:06 PM

                    Please respond to

                    MAPICS-L

We would LOVE to see the same thing!!!  Our work-around for this is to have
Customer Service add comments to the order with instructions on how to
handle this order.  Not fool proof and if you want to use "smart"
pick-lists, that does not get reflected correctly either.

<rant on>
HELLO MAPICS ARE YOU LISTENING?
<rant off>

Steve Jones

                    LDEGNON@AMPRO.COM

                    Sent by:                 To:     MAPICS-L@midrange.com

                    owner-mapics-l@mi        cc:

                    drange.com               Fax to:

                                             Subject:     Flagging an
individual order for
                                             partials O.K.

                    03/26/01 01:48 PM

                    Please respond to

                    MAPICS-L

We are getting ready to go "LIVE" on Mapics 6.0 April 2, and something has
come up that we do not have an answer for.

In MAPICS, it appears that one must, in the customer master, flag whether
Partials are acceptable or not. This is fine, but it appears that there is
no way, on a per order basis, to tell Mapics that on a particular order,
partials or not acceptable.

The majority of our customers are flagged as "Partials O.K.", but we VERY
often have certain orders that need to be booked as "No Partials". (an
example
would be a board as line item one, memory as line two, disk on chip as line
three, etc.)

The customer cannot use any of the product if just one of the lines are not
present, so in this case, the order needs to be flagged as "NO PARTIALS".

If the same customer orders 10,000 boards to build product and we have only
6,000, we would want to send off the 6,000, so as not to cause a "line
down" situation.

I think there must be some others out there that have run into this
scenario also. If so what do you do? Am I missing something???

Lloyd H. Degnon
Ampro Computers Inc.
ldegnon@ampro.com
408.360.4365