  • Subject: Re: Duplicating Item Balance records
  • From: Peter_Vidal@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 11:40:09 -0500

Hi!  I hope I can help.

I guess that it depends on how fast you want to go and on which MAPICS level you
are.  Regardless the MAPICS level, the GOOD WAY to load item balance records is
by using the Offline tools provided.  Just check the manuals to revise the
process.  The DIRTY WAY (what I've done) is by using Query/400, create a new
temporary database with the warehouse code field containing "WH8".  Then, just
copy the file over the existing ITEMBL file with a command something like this:

     CPYF FROMFILE(TEMPLIB/TEMPFILE) TOFILE(AMFLIB/ITEMBL) MBROPT(*ADD) FMTOPT
(*NOCHK)

However, if you are in the MAPICS level on which there is an ITEM BALANCE and an
ITEM PLAN file, you need to create those two temporary databases: ITEMBL and
ITMPLN accordingly with the new warehouse value "WH8".  After that, you need to
copy those in the way I mentioned before.

In order to clear the new item balance records' inventory quantities that were
copied, you may need to clear those figures by running a YTD inventory close to
that specific warehouse.

Personally, that is why I prefer to load the items through the OFFLINE process.
It does all the validations that are necessary and you do not have to worry
about anything else.

Any progress, let us know.

Take care and God bless...

                    "Ritsema, Doug B"

                    <Doug.Ritsema@waf        To:     "'MAPICS-L@midrange.com'"

                    ers.com>                 <MAPICS-L@midrange.com>

                    Sent by:                 cc:

                    owner-mapics-l@mi        Subject:     Duplicating Item
Balance records
                    drange.com

                    02/05/01 11:05 AM

                    Please respond to

                    MAPICS-L

We are in the process for creating a new warehouse.  Does anyone have a good
way to add Item balance records for that warehouse?  What I would like to do
is somehow copy the WH1 Item Balance records to WH8.  Is SQL a good option?

TIA

Doug Ritsema
Holland American Wafer Co
3300 Roger B Chaffee