Mapics Environment: DB or Y2K (Mod 4)
Module in Question: GL
13 Period Accounting Cycle used
Fiscal Year Ending Nov. 30, 2000

Hi Mapics ML:

My employer has had turnover in various departments that resulted in our not
doing the annual housekeeping (archiving and deleting) on the CURHIS file.

According to Mapics Support, for companies using a 13 Period Accounting Cycle.
they should Archive and Delete the prior years records from this file before
the end of Period 1 of the new fiscal year.

In our case, this wasn't done and as I look at the file using Query/400, I find
that it still contains a few records for FYE 11/98's Period 13 and all of FYE
11/99.

Back in August, I telephone Mapics Support and on their website "Customer
Inquiry Status" for my Incident 1070070, it says in part:

"Fix: Write a program to remove the current records since they are
distinguished by having a year in the year field; then archive and delete [the
old fiscal records] through GL [Journal History/Archive Current Journal History
and Delete Current Journal History].  After the archive and delete is done,
copy the current records back into the history file (CURHIS).  Copy File (CPYF)
can be used to eliminate unwanted records."

Our new head of Information Services is not "up to speed" in RPG programming.
I'm wondering if one of the Mapics ML members can send me a simple RPG program
that I can have him install on our system that will remove the current records
from the file, thereby following the plan suggested by Mapics Support above.

If there's another way of accomplishing this task, please post your comments
here also.

I look forward to hearing from you on this matter.

Regards....

--
Above message before copy enclosure (if any) was sent by:

Al Gershen
Grants Pass, OR 97526
aldg@mail.rvi.net & aldg@webtv.net;
and thru ICQ # 12342782