Hi again, Mapics ML:

This isn't my day but I guess this is how the learning process crawls forward,
bit by bit.

I called Mapics Support after my last posting to request a sample of the "Order
Closeout Variance Analysis Report" (AMVGO).  The support person said that this
report IS available to Mapics DB (even though it's not mentioned in our Manual,
which probably hasn't been updated in years).  It is run in PC&C when MOs are
purged into IM History.

It's a very long report because it covers all MOs selected in the batch to be
purged.  Therefore, what is happening in our shop is that the lady who does the
purging probably sees this Report on her Spool File screen and deletes it
because she hasn't been told to anything else.

Mapics support also told me that the report isn't available on demand for a
particular purged MO because the data necessary to produce it is lost after the
purging process.  He also told me (If you can believe this?) that no one has
ever requested of him that Mapics create a Demand Report for the reconcilation
of MO variences.

Given the above, I now drop ALL my previous questions and replace them with
these related questions:

How does your shop deal with this large report?  Do you print it out or just
store it for a certain time period as a spooled file; and use it as necessary
to look up variances on a particular MO?

Is it possible to still have a nice weekend?  I sure hope you all do!

Regards......

----------My 2nd Followup Message to Mapics ML------

>From: "aldg" <aldg@mail.rvi.net>
>Date: Fri,  8 Sep 2000 12:58:06 -0700

>Hi again, Mapics ML:
>
>I suddenly realized that I may not have done all my preliminary homework
>before posting my original message.
>
>I went to Mapics Support (No Wait Response) and under this subject I was
>informated that Mapics provides the following relating to MO closeout
>variances:
>
>1. Order Closeout Variance Analysis Report (AMVGO)
>
>2. The Users Manual for Production Control and Costing discuss the
>calculations used for the above report in the section dealing with Reports.
>
>So it appears that us Mapics DB users are left out as I don't see this Report
>on our menu or in our Manuals.  It must have been introduced in one of the
>early versions (or 1st version) of Mapics XA.
>
>Therefore, I append my original request as follows:
>
>1. Delete Questions 1 thru 3, and 5 and 6
>
>2. Revise Question 4 as applicable to Mapics DB Mapics ML users only
>
>I'm sorry for wasting valuable Internet bandwidth on this matter.
>
>Regards.....

(Snipped)

--
Above message before copy enclosure (if any) was sent by:

Al Gershen
Grants Pass, OR 97526
aldg@mail.rvi.net & aldg@webtv.net;
and thru ICQ # 12342782