  • Subject: RE: EZ-PRINT
  • From: "Secor, Ray" <RSECOR@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 12:26:02 -0400

Patrick,
        Thank You for your time,  and comments.

                        Ray Secor
                        Dialight Corp.

-----Original Message-----
From: Shrader, Patrick [mailto:pshrader@wkep.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2000 11:11 AM
To: MAPICS-L@MIDRANGE.COM

I just started using EZ Print three weeks ago, and have it printing order
confirmations and quotes. I will use it POs and other in-house programs very
soon. It is a good program. I do have problems at times with mapping a field
twice: the layout looks correct, but it does not print properly. After
manipulating the image in a different order I was able to make it work.

One deceiving part of the product: they advertise that you can use the
product to develop forms on the PC and the AS/400. However, once the form is
uploaded to the AS/400, you cannot bring it back to the PC. This is a
problem if you have to manipulate the fonts or tweak the form design on the
green screen --- those changes are not sent back to the graphical tool.
Support says that is a feature for the "next version", but gave no set
version number for it's completion. Most of the time this is not an issue,
but not being able to move the file between the 400 and the PC has caused me
trouble.

Also, rounded corners on boxes do not work on all printers. If you don't
have a Lexmark or HP printer, don't expect the curved features of the
product to work properly. The same form that works on my HP IV does not
print properly on my Mita. I design my forms for the lowest common
denominator (the Mita), and everything works well. However, ACom -- I'd like
to take advantage of the rounded corners soon!!!!!

Overall, a good product with good support for the price. And it does convert
Mapics standard forms very quickly and easily. I converted the quote in
about 15 minutes.

Patrick Shrader
White Knight Engineered Products

+---