  • Subject: RE: Time Apportionment Puzzler
  • From: Barb Nash <Barb.Nash@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 14:35:43 -0400

Tom,
        We have a similar situation in which we need to calculate labor
efficiencies for multi-pallet machines.  We have written a program which is
called from the PMC CL AMJPCJ, Select and Edit.  The program does the
following calculations:
1.  Calculate elapsed job time for each concurrently running job by taking
the ON/OFF transactions in the TRDATA file and the ADJDT and ADJTM fields.
2.   Calculate standard job time for each job running => elapsed job time *
standard hours / piece
3.   Calculate total standard time by adding standard job time for each job
(total of all #2's)
4.   Calculate % of total job time =>  Standard time for each job (#2) /
total standard time (#3)
5.   Calculate each apportioned time => elapsed time * % of total job time
(#3)
We then calculated employee efficiency % by dividing the apportioned time
per job (#5) by the standard job time (#2).
I know this is rather vague.  If this is indeed what you are looking for, I
can further review the program to get more specifics for you.
        Another alternative for you would be the MAPICS Manufacturing Data
Collection and Communication module which I believe can be set up to
apportion time in the same manner.  We are currently in the process of
migrating from DBY2K to XA5.5, and will be installing the MDCC module in the
process so time will tell on that one!

Good Luck!

Barb
Barb.nash@phbcorp.com