  • Subject: RE: Your Views on the Mapics Manuals? - no-wait solutions
  • From: "Bill Roha" <Broha@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 13:18:43 -0500

   I have also found this very useful.  We were a beta user of this so have
been benefitting for a number of months.  Not only do I find it useful for
finding answers to some problems and technical questions, but I also see
questions that I don't know the answer to.  I sometimes read these just to
learn a little more about how MAPICS is working.

   As time goes on, MAPICS is adding additional information to this site, so I
would certainly recommend that you try it.

   (I'm not sure that your comments affect the ranking of answers.  I have had
follow-up calls from MAPICS when I commented that the answer was incorrect or
misleading.)

Bill Roha
Stant Manufacturing Inc.
broha@stantinc.com
765-825-3121 x440

>>> echabot@marlinfirearms.com 08/25/00 12:24PM >>>
Al,
Just a quick note on problem solving via the support website.  We have
recently (since the new look) found it very useful especially in the area of
the No Wait solutions section.  By entering a few keywords related to your
problem you get a list of not only PTFs but some text versions of fixes,
tips and hints. You can further reduce the scope by selecting only the items
that relate to your specific problem and eventually get to a list of
solutions ranked in a most likely to be the problem sequence.  Over the past
month or two we have resolved probably 12 of 15 problems this way. It's
important to fill in the section as to how useful the solution was as I
believe this is integral in the ranking.  I'm interested in other people's
opinion on this tool and how useful it was to them if anyone wants to reply.
Well, I guess it wasn't a "quick note".  Good luck!
Ed Chabot
I.S. Manager
Marlin Firearms Company