If that works it's a lot simpler than my code. I run a job off the
scheduler which uses the STRMAPICS command to build an environment, update
the LDA with the run time parameters, log the job with AXZP98 and call
AMZPU1 to create the schedule backup job. Then I tidy up with an ENDMAPICS
command. As far as the active batches go, I kick them off then  run a
program which sets the batches to "S"uspend. I suspect this might be
getting a bit to detailed for this forum. If you agree, mail to my own
address and we can take it up directly. Where are you?
Gavin.

ChrisGinaNeely@aol.com on 16/04/2000 23:37:13

Please respond to MAPICS-L@midrange.com

  To:          mapics-l@midrange.com

  cc:          (bcc: Gavin Muirhead/TRIDENT)

  Subject      auto-scheduling mapics backup
  :

Gavin,

The method I was going to use to atuo-schedule the 'Mapics' backup for my
'MM' environment is as follows:
    Create a job description that contains the following routing data:
        1. The program 'AXZPUD'
        2. The job name(Any name I make up)
        3. The compare value 'MMMAPICSDB1'
    I would then add this job to the as/400 job scheduler.
This is what I see that the Mapics job scheduler is doing. Is this method
correct? What exactly are you doing?

Thanks
Chris
+---