  • Subject: Re: MAPICS and ISO 9000
  • From: Rebecca Snyder <rsnyder@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 13:39:59 -0500

Bob,

All of our divisions are ISO 9001 certified and it really hasn't
affected us in the IS department.  Other that the "non-conformances"
certain people write against us everytime we have an unpredictable
hardware / electricity failure we don't have to do much for ISO.
At one time, we were going to ISO certify the corporate departments
(Accounting, IS, HR, etc) but we decided that the cost and effort
to maintain the ISO certification out weighed the "value" of having
the corporate departments certified.

Rebecca Snyder

"Arnold, Robert" wrote:

> We're a mid sized manufacturing company going through the ISO 9002
> certification process.  I would like to know how, if at all, the ISO
> requirements have affected your MIS department.  Specifically in terms of
> daily operations and program modifications.  Our QA department and ISO
> consultants have been of little help to me in this area.  TIA.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob.
> +---
> | This is the MAPICS Mailing List!