On 11 Nov 2009 at 9:32, Pete Helgren wrote:

Date sent: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 09:32:14 -0700
From: Pete Helgren <Pete@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Discuss & plan a Linux based desktop environment for IBM i
<linuxdesktop4i@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [LinuxDesktop4i] Preferred terminal emulator
Send reply to: Discuss & plan a Linux based desktop environment for IBM i
<linuxdesktop4i@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
<linuxdesktop4i.midrange.com>

Michael,

I am not able to reproduce the problem, at least under openSUSE 11.1.When you took the option
to remap the Enter Key to the Enter key on your PC keyboard were you warned about the
existence of an existing mapping for Enter (Field Exit)? I gotta admit that the whole key mapping
thing is not as straightforward as I would like. The "key" to the whole thing is pressing the key you
want to map to *while* the dialog box is displaying "Please hit the key(s) that you would like to
map to..." I kept closing the dialog and then mouse clicking the key I wanted to map to rather than
pressing the key I wanted to map to while the dialog was displaying. It is even more confusing
because the Enter key would normally dismiss the dialog box anyway.

In any case, I'd have to find a Fedora 11 system to try this on but it does work for me in
openSUSE.

With the Beta version it does give the warning message, and it does work. I
was using a different macachine to do testing on the font issue, and didn't
have the address for the beta version, so installed the version from
sourceforge. Just tried it on the machine with the beta version, and it did give
me the message about remapping the key. I'm use to the + Key on the
numeric keypad being the field exit key, and Enter being Enter. I do recall
some other program that also used the control key as Enter, but can't recall
what it was.

Really, like that it goes full screen, for some reason the regular tn5250 and
xt5250 open smaller xterm windows, that can be resized, but the font says
the same, and I haven't found a way to get it to change the font.

Thanks.

Will add the tn5250j to both the windows and linux OS's on my classroom
machines.

Pete