That's 768MB of memory. The overall size of the Windows image on the HD is
about 20GB (I preconfigured it to be that big, it could probably be as small
as 10GB). I am currently using the latest version of RDi on that machine
which runs fairly well with only that much memory. Note I don't have much
else running on the machine other than Outlook, so that probably helps the
situation. WDSC also works with that much memory, but is noticeably slower.
If I pump up the memory to 1.5GB for WDSC it is noticeably faster. But
without a doubt, in my experience, RDi is noticeably faster even when at
1.5GB of memory.

I want to eventually upgrade to Ubuntu 64bit so I can get 8GB of memory in
my desktop and allocate 2GB to VirtualBox. I am testing out Ubuntu 64bit on
my wife's laptop right now and it seems to work well with only a few extra
maintenance things here and there (i.e. I needed to download a special
version of Flash so she could play all of her Facebook games - wives make
such good guinea pigs ;-)

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 1:34 PM, Guillermo Andrades, CPI Software <