Do you still do that with Ubuntu? Do you still install a lot of developer
software just to try it out?

Actually I probably install more on Ubuntu than I did on Windows because I
am so new the the operating system. One of the cool things that caught my
eye initially is the "Add/Remove" programs functionality in Ubuntu.
Basically it is a desktop tool that allows you to search through thousands
of free software products and install them with a couple clicks. I went
through many different installs and un-installs using that approach. The
best part about it is you can search on a term without knowing the name of
the software (i.e. VNC client software).

What about iNav? RDi? Are you able to do that? Or are you using
Mihael's tools instead?

I am going to start a new thread for that question as it will become quite
long I am guessing. Stay tuned.

One thing I forgot to mention was the fact that I don't run any anti-virus
software on my Linux desktop (do I need it? I don't know. From what I have
read there isn't nearly as much need for it as on Windows). Amazing how
much CPU power you get back when you don't have software that checks every
document before you open it and all incoming and outgoing communications.

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com