On Tue June 21 2011, TN5250 wrote:
Hello John,

At some point in the past I changed the xt5250 script itself. On line
117 and 118 the script is executing this command:

exec xterm -name "xt5250" -bg black -fg white -T "xt5250 - $XT5250_HOST"
\ +sb -geometry 80x25 -fa lucidatypewriter -fs 14 -e "$0" -BOOT "$@"

I added the "-fa lucidatypewriter -fs 14" piece, setting the font to
Lucida Typewriter and the font size to 14. I can't remember why I
changed the script rather than putting the font setting in my .tn5250rc
file but it was probably because I didn't know the correct syntax to use
to set the font and it's size.

I have a wide screen monitor with a resolution of 1920 x 1080. I start
an xt5250 session and then place my mouse cursor over the window, hold
down the left Control key and right click - then I select "Large" font
size. That seems to be about perfect for my current setup. I'm betting
if I changed my xt5250 script to use -fs 16 or -fs 18 I wouldn't have to
do that extra step with the Control key and mouse button...

Thanks... I'll give that a shot. I'm sure I can write a script that I can
call from the desktop shortcut. :D