On 20 Jun 2011 at 9:36, John Aldrich wrote:

From: "John Aldrich" <jaldrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'Linux 5250 Development Project'"
<linux5250@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date sent: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 09:36:55 -0400
Subject: [LINUX5250] two questions
Send reply to: Linux 5250 Development Project
<linux5250@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

1)How does one set up a host-based printer queue in TN5250 and 2)How the
heck do I get a command that requires an "F" key to work? i.e. F10 or F11? I
really don't want to put these users back on a Windows machine, but I will
have to if I don't figure out how to at least work around the function key
problem... I think I can work around the printer issue, but not sure about
the function key.

Thanks!

Just as a follow up, man tn5250 will show other keys that can be
used for functions keys.
Esc - is what I've used for F11
Esc = is what I've used for F12

That goes back to the original 5250 terminals that didn't actually
have function keys at all, but used a cmd key that is where ESC is
now, and then the keys 1 thru 0 and - and = for the 12 function
keys, and then ESC Shift for the F13 thru F24.

at http://archive.midrange.com/linux5250.

Michael D. Setzer II - Computer Science Instructor
Guam Community College Computer Center
mailto:mikes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mailto:msetzerii@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
Guam - Where America's Day Begins
G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned: 19,471
Processing time: 32 years, 290 days, 12 hours, 58 minutes
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC@HOME CREDITS
SETI 10898843.776988 | EINSTEIN 6041819.840851
ROSETTA 3265227.160563 | ABC 6449559.211366