Unfortunately, most of the work done in those patches really needs to be re-done. For example, it creates several different variables named "frank", contains lots of comments like "frank start" and "frank end". The programmer who wrote this stuff (named Frank) obviously expected his code to be treated as a temporary hack rather than a permanent part of the project. Years down the road, I sure don't want to have to try to keep track of the difference between "frank_val" and "frank_n."

The patches also do stuff like change the copyright date from 2008 back to 2005. They add calls to external programs that aren't part of the project, and thus open security questions...

Thus, I would need to spend many many hours on these patches. Unfortunately, that's time that I just don't have right now.